Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bang Bang Chicken with Noodles

The recipe intro says: "Potently flavoured sesame sauce, combined with the refreshing taste of boiled chicken. Light and luscious, yet rich and delicious".  How anyone would think of describing the taste of boiled chicken as refreshing, I don't know, but apart from that, the intro says it all.

A very easy recipe of egg noodles with pieces of chicken and cucumber in a sesame sauce. Just boil the chicken with some garlic and ginger. Cut cucumber and spring onion into pieces (the cucumber pieces probably should have been more matchstick shaped than I made mine, but I really have a thing against cutting stuff into very small, equally sized, pieces). Then the ingredients for the sauce are mixed together; lots of sesame oil, ground sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. The sauce is poured over the noodles and chicken. As garnish, some sesame seeds are sprinkled on top.

The result - a nice noodle dish that tastes a lot of sesame. I loved it, but it was no hit with my son, the sesame flavour was a bit to much for him. I spooned some of the chicken cooking water over my dish to make it more soupy, a nice addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment