Sunday, September 12, 2010

Salmon and Penne au Gratin

One of the recipes in "Noodle Comfort", from the more Western oriented "Pasta" chapter. I thought it might be interesting to see how a Japanese cookbook presents a Western dish to its audience.

Basically, it's penne, tossed in a cream based salmon, mushroom and asparagus sauce, topped with cheese and then baked in the oven. This is something I might cook for myself, but lets take a closer look at the sauce. It is based on cream, garlic, white wind and olive oil. Then there is some parmesan added and curry powder. To most European chefs there is one ingredient mentioned here that does not belong. I decided to keep an open mind and went with the curry powder even though I didn't really believe in it, but actually, it turned out great. Even my son ate it, after I had removed all the mushroom and asparagus pieces from his dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment