Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More diet thoughts

This is the first time I do the GI dieting thing (with the exception of a few days of forced co-dieting while staying at my parents house) and it's proving itself to be great. I had expected it would be harder to get started, people have been telling me how they felt all strange in the beginning, fighting sugar addiction and all sorts of cravings, but I haven't had any of that. I just feel much better, more energetic, no mood swings and a generally lighter stomach feel all over. When I've felt hungry I haven't felt those ravenous cramps that I'm used to, instead there has been a very polite feeling telling me it's time to get some nutrition. And at the gym, I normally last around 5 minutes on the treadmill (I know, that's bad, but I just get so bored), yesterday ran for 16 minutes and the only reason for getting off was that my core class was starting. I could easily have stayed on the mill a lot longer. I suppose I'm one of those people that's genetically predisposed to stick to a GI type of diet, so I'm very glad I tried it, otherwise I just wouldn't have found it out. The only drawback this far is that it's impossible to get a dietwise correct meal at restaurants, not good for my social life. And I can't say I've gotten any thinner, but I suppose that's a lot to ask for in just 3 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment