Monday, October 4, 2010

The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook by Jack Bishop

For most part of the year it's just not possible to get locally produced vegetables here in Sweden, but in September and October there is a great little farmers market not very far from where I live. I love to go there, buy whatever looks nice and them go home, look in my cookbooks and figure out how to cook my new acquisitions.

Actually, the only food shopping I like more is being drunk in an ethnic store, buying whatever seems like a good idea at the time. Dont worry! I don't do this a lot, actually it has only happened once, but I'll never forget the look in my husbands face the next day, holding a half kilo package of tofu skins, asking, "And how did you say we were going to cook these?"

But, never mind, returning to my original veggie track, the next cookbook I'm doing here is "The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook".

It's a huge book, containing lots of relatively easy preparations for vegetables. As veggies are generally not a big hit with my son, I'm hoping to find some new preparations that he (and my husband and myself) actually like.

No comments:

Post a Comment