Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Remixing: Bibimbap and Kimchi Fried Rice

Can't say I know many Korean dishes, but Bibimbap I've heard of. A bowl of rice topped with whatever good stuff you've got on hand.

My version had a fried egg, some bulgogi (meat marinated with soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil), garlic fried spinach, stir fried carrot and kimchi. The bowl itself was kinda small so the rice isn't visible, but it's down there, trust me.

Bibimbap

A hearty dish with a home cooked feel to it, containing a little bit of everything.

The next day I made another go at using up my kimchi. I decided on trying Kimchi Fried Rice. Funny thing was, when I read the recipe I realised it called for exactely the same ingredients as for the Bibimbap. Luckily I had some leftovers, so I just chopped up the meat and the kimchi and fried everything together, and voilá - a new dish.

Kimchi Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment